Monday, December 30, 2013

Cooking For 2 | Breakfast French Toast


In our apartment days I was really into making a lot of different things for breakfast. One of those just happened to be French toast. This is a really simple recipe to make for a lazy Saturday morning. Make sure to serve these lovelies while their still warm!


Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
4-6 pieces of bread

Toppings
Powdered sugar
Syrup

Directions
1. Mix together the milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla in a small container or bowl.
2. Heat up your skillet on medium heat. I don't grease mine with anything because it makes the toast super soggy and then it won't cook.
3. Quickly dip the toast into the mix buy letting it submerge into the liquid mix. DON'T LET IT SOAK!
4. Place the piece of toast with liquid mix into the skillet. Cook one side for about a minute and then flip to let the other side cook. If the toast isn’t golden brown in most areas flip it over and repeat the 1 minute per side of toast process.
5. Serve the toast warm with the toppings of powdered sugar and syrup.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 until all the pieces of bread are cooked. I can usually fit two pieces in my skillet at one time.

Notes
-A non-stick skillet works best for this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.