Saturday, November 9, 2013

Quick White Loaf


The other day I had company over for lunch. I had planned on making Cornbread In A Pan, but when I got out all the ingredients I realized I didn't have cornmeal! Needing something in the bread department to serve with the chicken vegetable soup I had made I decided to experiment…and this is what I came up with. I would definitely recommend serving this bread with a vegetable or bean soup since it does have the texture of cornbread.

This recipe makes 1 loaf of bread.

Ingredients
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup oil
½ cup water
½ cup milk
1 egg
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl mix together the melted butter, oil, water, milk and egg.
3. Add in the sugar, baking powder, soda, and flour. Stir until well combined.
4. Grease a regular bread loaf pan and pour in the batter.
5. Bake the loaf in the oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Let the bread cool a few minutes before slicing and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.