Monday, November 25, 2013

Cooking For 2 | Cheesy Potatoes


This recipe was inspired from my Crockpot Potatoes recipe. It's a huge favorite of mine, but I don't always want to cook this recipe in a crockpot, so this is the stove-top version. This is a really tasty potato dish and I like to serve it with Bacon Green Beans and any type of meat: beef, chicken, turkey, pork. It all tastes so good together!


Ingredients
3 large potatoes
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese*
Salt & Pepper to taste

Directions
1. Peel the potatoes and chop into dice size pieces.
2. Cook the potatoes in a pot of water on the stove. Bring them to a boil, then turn down to medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft, but not over cooked.
3. Drain the water from the potatoes. Put the potatoes back in the pot and back on the stove.
4. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a bubbly mix and serve warm.

Notes
*I like to use a mixture of cheeses when I make these potatoes. My favorite cheese to use in this recipe though is Extra Sharp Cheddar. It adds a nice flavor where as other cheeses (mainly the white ones) are mild and don't add as much flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.