Friday, June 14, 2013

Homemaking 101 | Organize Your Silverware Drawer


As much as I'd like to do a complete "organize your kitchen post" I really can't do that since half my kitchen really isn't organized. Only like two cabinets and my silverware drawer are in almost perfect condition most days of the week...and today I'm going to share with you how I keep my silverware drawer orderly!


Thanks to WalMart's handy collection of little white baskets (found in the kitchen or organizer area usually) I am able to keep my silverware drawer pretty organized. And I love it! Here's a photo of how it all looks after the organizers were added. Unfortunately this is one project where I don't have a before photo, but I'm sure you can imagine the mess of a drawer with zero organizers in it.

I've actually added another large basket which fits where the measuring cups are in the photo above, but over all this is how my silverware drawer has looked since I bought the white baskets.


Each basket has assigned pieces. The first four small baskets are for all the dinner wear/silver wear. I have the forks, spoons, knives, and then miscellaneous pieces last. (Bottom left photo)

Random things that I need or want to have in my kitchen are in the large basket behind the silverware organizers. This includes clothes pins for keeping chips and such closed up after use, cookie cutters, random lids to jars and kitchen odds & ends that I don't use very often. (Top left photo)

To the right of my silverware I have the more used items like measuring spoons, vegetable peelers, spatulas, knifes, etc. (Top right photo)

Lastly I have my measuring cups, all stacked together by size and type. (Bottom right photo)

Do you organize your kitchen drawer items?

This Post Was Shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.