Thursday, May 9, 2013

Microwave Ranch Chex Mix

The idea for today's recipe came from Pinterest, of course, and linked to the blog: My Pinterest Reality. I was really excited to find this recipe because I've wanted to start trying to make more of my own snacks so that I can hopefully (eventually) make healthier things for me to snack on since I'm such a huge fan of snacks. Anyway, today's recipe is both delicious & easy so do enjoy!!


This recipe makes about 2 quart size ziploc bags of chex mix!

Ingredients
1 stick butter
1 1oz. pkg ranch dressing mix
2 1/2 cups rice chex
2 1/2 cups corn chex
1 cup of roasted & chopped nuts (I used almonds)
1 cup pretzel sticks, broken in half

Directions
1. Melt the butter in the microwave until completely dissolved (about 3 minutes in mine).
2. Add in the ranch dressing mix and stir well.
3. Pour in rice & corn chex, chopped nuts, and broken pretzel sticks. Stir well until the butter is covering everythiing.
4. Microwave the mix in the bowl for one minute and then stir. Repeat this step two more times (microwave, stir, microwave then stir).
5. Lay out a sheet of foil on your kitchen table. Pour the cooked chex mix over the foil and let it cool. Store in a ziploc bag or air tight container.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really good. I like dry ranch dressing, it's very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it

    New follower from Aloha Friday Blog HOP ;)
    Hope you will follow back

    http://o-fata-simpla.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.