Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Guest Post | Veronica @ Passion, Pink & Pearls


Well hello there, Blue Eyed Beauty readers! Helen's off getting married and such...CONGRATS Helen! I'm Veronica and I blog over at Passion, Pink, and Pearls. I'm a newlywed, having had the best day ever (aka my wedding) on June 1, 2012 with my sweet man. I've been blogging for just over a year now and have just loved sharing life there. On my blog you'll find everything from our adventures with our new puppy to crafts & DIYs and even a recipe here or there...but mostly it's a random goodness in life that we're blessed with by our awesome God.

Today, I have a short and sweet little diy for those of you who have a never-ending supply of business cards. I picked up a clear business card container at The Container Store in Dallas, Texas. We don't have that awesome store in Oklahoma, where I love, so I knew I had to make the trip worth it when I was there. My business card collection was taking over a drawer at work and I just couldn't take it anymore.

I wanted a cute one, but didn't have the budget for a prettified one off Etsy. So when I found this simple one at The Container Store I knew I could dress it up sometime. It took about 5 months till I got around to doing it, but once I put my mind to it, it was pretty simple.


Supplies
 Container (this one was $6)
Pretty Wrapping Paper
Double Stick Tape
Sticker Letters
Scrapbook Paper
Xacto Knife
The Cricut Machine

Steps
ONE: Lay your box out on the wrapping paper and determine how much to cut for the top lid and the sides. Be generous.

TWO: Using double stick tape, go around the inside edge and lay a smooth piece of the tape.

THREE: Slowly work your way around the bottom sides using one hand to place and then using your fingers to slowly smooth it over and press to the table. Allow the paper to fold over itself in the corners. Use more double stick tape to keep the fold down again the side. There will likely be an excess of paper sticking up and over the box frame. Use the Xacto knife to slowly slide along the rim of the box and slice the paper.

FOUR: On the inside trace the rounded label dividers onto your wrapping paper and cut each piece out. Individually apply each small piece to the label spot on the divider.

FIVE: Use sticker letters to indicate which cards you'll find behind each divider.

SIX: For the top, I wanted a large identifier. My friend has a cricut and so we cut out a cool frame that spelled out Business Cards. I pressed that to the top on the inside of the box using the double stick tape.

SEVEN: Similarly to the way you worked the paper around the edge of the bottom of the box, now in the top apply double stick tape to the top and along the sides. Center the wrapping paper and press firmly against the top inside and then wrap around the edges. Again use the Xacto knife to go along the rim of the box and slice off the excess paper

EIGHT: Enjoy!


Pearls
~You don't have to use the Cricut. You can simply use more sticker letters or print off a label from the computer.
~You could print off labels for the divider tabs too.
~Wrapping paper was chosen because it's nice and thing and easy to work with.
~The edges tend to look a little rough when it's open but closed you don't notice it at all. This worked fine for me but you might want to find a solution for it.


Well that's it! Hope that helped some of you out. I'd love to meet some of you so pop on by my blog and let me know you're there so we can chat it up!

Veronica

2 comments:

  1. Helen and Autry---

    Congratulations to the newly married couple!! I am very excited for you. I know you have been anticipating this special day for awhile. May God bless your marriage.
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!


    Love & Prayers,
    Nonny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.