Tuesday, December 11, 2012

White Cake

This is a recipe for a cake I made for my Papa's birthday last month. He absolutely loved it and so did everyone else! We are not big cake eaters, but this cake was quite popular and very well liked! I think that's a good sign. :)

I used most of the ingredients for this recipe from the one found at All Recipes, but I added some of my own flairs to it, of course. I also made up the icing recipe...which is one of my personal favorites because it tastes so delicious! I hope you will enjoy this cake as much as we all did!


Ingredients
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla flavor
1/2 teaspoon almond flavor
3 eggs
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3 cups flour
1/2 cup milk

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together butter and sugar. Add in vanilla, almond, and eggs.

When you get done with step 3 your cake mix should look like this.

3. Add baking powder and flour to mix. Stir in milk.
4. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.


5. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.


6. Let it cool for as long as possible before putting the icing on. I usually let the cake sit an hour (yes I've made this more than once!!)

Icing
5 Tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions
1. In a medium or small bowl melt the butter in the microwave. Add in vanilla.
2. Stir in 2 cups of powdered sugar. Add more if the icing is not thick enough.


3. Once the cake is cooled, about an hour later, spread the icing over the top. You may have to stir up the icing if you make it up ahead of time or as the cake comes out of the oven so that it will spread easily.

MORE PHOTOS


Extra photo: the cake was well enjoyed!


And here's the birthday boy with his cake! :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your white cake recipe doesnt start out with a white cake mix as so many do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope it's completely home made! No store bought cake mix here! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.