Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Confessor's White Dress Post #2 Adding The Sleeves

Yesterday I gave Sneak Peek of my Confessor dress and how it was coming along. I usually do posts long after the project is completed, but this one is so different and exciting that I just can't hold it in until it's done!!!

Today I've managed to add on both of the sleeves. I hope to add the hood later on this evening, but for now the only change in the dress is that it is no longer sleeveless! I have to say that it feels very awesome wearing this dress! :)

I had to make pieces of fabric big enough to cover the arm hole I had made in the beginning.

Once the sleeves were attached at the arm pit area I was able to slim them down to give them a fitted look.

I added one sleeve at a time. I think it kind of makes me look armless...

Now I have two sleeves!!!

The next part I am going to work on is the hood. Once that is complete I will be able to finish the front of the dress and then the outer layer (this part of the dress you see now) will be done. All I will have left is all the under layers to piece together and sew. Those will be much easier to do!

This photo shows the general idea of what look I was going for when I created the sleeves:

Screen Capture via Netflix.
The Legend of the Seeker Season 1: Episode 1: Prophecy.

Read the other posts in this series (links open in this same window): My Halloween Costume Inspiration, Sneak Peek | Confessors White Dress, The Confessor's White Dress Post #2 | Adding The Sleeves, The Confessor's White Dress Post #3 | Adding The Hood, The Confessor's White Dress Post #4 | It's Done!!! I have a ton more to write about the making of this dress so as I write those posts I will be sure to link them up together at the bottom of each post so that they are all connected! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.