Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall Scarf Project Attempt 1

If you have been following my blog for the last month you know about my Fall Bucket List for this year, if not you should check it out!! #5 on that list is to crochet a new scarf... I love to crochet! Last week I shared this post where I had started the scarf project. Well, I got the scarf 'done'....but it was too small...so I took it all out and now in the process of making the scarf all over again...same pattern and all, just not as wide.

Here is what it looked like once I got it finished a few days ago:


Yeah, not really long enough for me...


Here is a close up of the detail work. I did double crochet stitch and along both edges I skipped a stitch every other row in the third stitch...hopefully that makes sense to those of you who crochet. This was 40 double crochet stitches wide. Taking it out I am now doing this same pattern, only 20 stitches wide.

I have the scarf started for the second time. It's about half way finished! I do hope that this time I'll be able to wear it like it is!! I love the color and the texture! This yarn is so, so soft! :)

4 comments:

  1. I hope it turns out great be sure to post pics when your done!

    Ashley
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will turn out good. I love this style I've just put off making a scarf like this for too long! YES I will for sure post pics!!! :) I always do! :)

      Helen

      Delete
  2. I took up knitting several years ago, and sadly I left it and now I forgot how to do it. The scarf is just lovely!

    Visit me:
    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm sure if you tried taking it up again it would come back!! I did the same with crochet once and it's like riding a bike, it stays there somewhere in your memory. :)

      Helen

      Delete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.