Sunday, July 22, 2012

Altering A Flutter Shirt

A friend of mine gave me this shirt about 6 months ago. Since then it has sat in a box and lived a boring life...until my sister saw it. She tried it on (the before pictures) but, because it is such a loose shirt it wouldn't stay on her right. She asked me to fix it for her so I did.


What To Do
1. Put the shirt on.
2. Figure out where you can get the shirt on and off comfortably around your arm area.
3. Make sure the front and back of the shirt are even (this is very important!)


4. Use a safety pin in the spot where you want to sew it. (You can barley see the lines I marked where we pinned this shirt in the photo above. This is a before photo.)
5. Take the shirt off and bring it to the sewing machine.
6. Run a row of stitches forwards, backwards then forwards again. The stitches should be no more than 1-2 inches long.
7. Cut off the hanging strings and there you have it!

Needless to say Val loves her new shirt! I will say it looks very cute on her and I'm glad it is finally going to get some good use!

This Post Was Shared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.