Thursday, June 21, 2012

Southern Sweet Tea

This is my man's favorite drink. I have to make a gallon of it every other day or so because he drinks it so much. Fortunately I have got this recipe down exactly like he likes it...and he's a southern guy so he likes it sweet. This recipe is simple even though I have seven little numbers in the directions...so don't worry about that.


This recipe makes one gallon of sweet southern tea!

Sweet Tea
5 Large Tea Bags
2 cups of sugar
Lots of water
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions
1. Open the tea bags and put them in a pot. Use a clothespin to keep the tops of the bags attached to the top of the pot.
2. Add about 5 cups of water to the tea bags.
3. Bring the tea water to a boil. Turn off the stove. Remove the tea from the heat.
4. Let the tea bags sit for 15-20 minutes.
5. Pour the sugar into a gallon pitcher or jug.
6. Pour the still hot tea water in the sugar and stir until the sugar is melted. Add the baking soda and stir again.
7. Add cold tap water until the pitcher is full. Drink right away with added ice or put in the fridge for later.

Notes
~I discovered the lovely trick of adding the baking soda to the tea via Craving Comfort. By adding baking soda you are able to cut out the bitterness that is sometimes left in the tea bags soak too long in the water. I've found that by adding this ingredient my tea tastes a whole lot better and everyone does really love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.