Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tangy Frozen Yogurt

I was craving something with lots of Vitamin C and had lemon juice, peaches and orange juice concentrate on hand. I decided to blend them together and create a new flavor of frozen yogurt. My second frozen yogurt experiment turned out so good, Berry Frozen Yogurt, that I decided to try a new recipe. The only thing in this that isn't necessarily healthy would be the orange juice concentrate, but since I am using plain yogurt this gives just enough sweetness to it that you don't have to add sugar.

When you get ready to take a bite of this be prepared for a lot of tang. It gets better on the second bite though so don't decide not to like it until you've tried a few bites! :)


Ingredients
1/4 cup of lemon juice
12-15 slices (1 cup) peach slices, frozen
1 32 oz. container of plain yogurt, frozen for 2 hours in freezer
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 cup or 6 Tablespoons of orange juice concentrate, frozen
Directions
Blend all ingredients, stir if/when necessary. Pour back into yogurt container and another container and place in freezer. Freeze until the mixture reaches the thickness you want. I usually freeze mine 4-5 hours.

How I know Lemon's and Peaches have Vitamin C:
Information on Lemon's from WHFoods (World's Healthiest Foods).
Information on Peaches from Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.